What should I take?
Travel light! Local airlines can be very strict when it comes to charging for excess baggage. If you are travelling long haul in premium classes, your extra baggage allowance may not be acceptable on local flights.
- It is a good idea to carry some small denomination US dollar bills for tips etc.
- Hill Rise House has limited closet facilities.
- Leave your valuable watches and jewellery at home!
- Swimming attire is necessary when our staff are on the premises and always on the beach.
- Swimming towels are not normally provided, but if you leave yours behind, our housekeeper will come up with something!.
- Our housekeeper
will rotate your clothes through the laundry.
- Ladies may like to dress
up for evenings out.
- Long pants in the evenings for gentlemen.
- You may
need a little extra warmth on winter evenings.
- Don't forget your personal medications if required. The local pharmacies may insist on a local doctor's prescription for certain items.
- Sunscreen. The sun can burn even if the skies are overcast. Don't spoil your vacation!
- Insect repellant. Biting insects are normally not much of a problem at Hill Rise House but you can be unlucky under certain weather conditions. The bedrooms are screened, but you have to remember to close bedroom doors before dusk. Insecticide spray cans (not for personal application) and coils are provided. Elsewhere on Nevis, bugs can be a problem, so wear protection especially in the evenings.